The transfer of data to the laboratory remains the key to the success of hybrid implant supported prosthesis.
The impression represents the preliminary step of this procedure. It is important to establish a protocol that is appropriate to the clinical situation from implant placement to insertion of the prosthesis into the mouth. This article develops 4 case reports, each with a different recording procedure.
Results: Plaster remains the material of choice when precision is required. The NOVUM system has the advantage of not requiring an impression but its indication remains very limited.
2. Stricker A, Gutwald R, Schmelzeisen R, Gellrich NG. Immediate loading of 2 interforaminal dental implants supporting an overdenture: clinical and radiographic results after 24 months. Int J Oral Maxillofac Implants. 2004 Dec; 19(6):868-72.
3. Taruna M, Chittaranjan B, Sudheer N, Tella S, Abusaad Md. Prosthodontic Perspective to All-On-4® Concept for Dental Implants. J Clin Diagn Res. 2014 Oct; 8(10):16-9.
4. Papaspyridakos P, Chen C-J, Gallucci GO, Doukoudakis A, Weber H-P, Chronopoulos V. Accuracy of implant impressions for partially and completely edentulous patients: a systematic review. Int J Oral Maxillofac Implants. 2014 Aug; 29(4):836-45.
5. Kim J-H, Kim KR, Kim S. Critical appraisal of implant impression accuracies: A systematic review. J Prosthet Dent. 2015 Aug; 114 (2):185-192.
6. Al Quran FA, Rashdan BA, Zomar AAA, Weiner S. Passive fit and accuracy of three dental implant impression techniques. Quintessence Int. 2012 Feb; 43(2):119-25.
7. Holst S, Blatz MB, Bergler M, Goellner M, Wichmann M. Influence of impression material and time on the 3-dimensional accuracy of implant impressions. Quintessence Int. 2007 Jan; 38(1):67-73.
8. Wee AG. Comparison of impression materials for direct multi-implant impressions. J Prosthet Dent. 2000 Mar; 83(3):323-31.
9. Cabral LM, Guedes CG. Comparative analysis of 4 impression techniques for implants. Implant Dent. 2007 Jun; 16(2):187-94.
10. Popper HA, Popper MJ, Popper JP. The Brånemark Novum protocol: description of the treatment procedure and a clinical pilot study of 11 cases. Int J Periodontics Restorative Dent. 2003 Oct; 23(5):459-65.